We’re Hiring a Director of European Expansion!
Job Posting – Director of European Expansion
Narrative 4 is an organisation that is confronting the global loneliness and isolation epidemic by connecting students to one another in order to break down barriers, shatter stereotypes and create meaningful relationships. We do this by showing students that their voices, stories, actions and lives matter and that they have the power to change, rebuild or revolutionize failing systems. Our simple methodology is a salve in an overcomplicated world: we use the muscle of personal storytelling and vulnerability to build empathy between young people so that together they can improve their global community.
We are looking for a kind, flexible, experienced and passionate professional to pave the way for our expansion across Europe. This senior, director-level position will begin by streamlining and strengthening our work In Ireland and the United Kingdom, with an eye on broader amplification across the continent in the next two years. The director will be a part of a rapidly growing global team and will proactively manage current relationships and cultivate new ones, fundraise, follow up on leads and fill the pipeline to meet the yearly growth targets for the region. This position reports to the board of Narrative 4 Ireland and works directly with senior management of Narrative 4 global.
Please note the location of this job is largely remote, with approximately 30% of the time spent in the physical office in Limerick, Ireland. The ideal candidate will have citizenship or residency in Europe, with a strong preference for Ireland or the United Kingdom.
Expansion and Rapid Scale of Programs
• Create new opportunities for Narrative 4 (N4) and develop new relationships to expand and grow our European base.
• Alongside the global team, create a plan for strategic growth that leverages the regional hub model and model for scale in the United States.
• Responsible for managing all aspects of key partnerships.
• Timely update of CRM and monitoring of KPIs.
• Develops hiring strategy to support European growth.
• Builds strong internal relationships that support the N4 business model.
• Contributes to key growth strategies with the global team.
• Exponentially grow the current budget by strategically and aggressively expanding the funding base across Europe.
• Maintain and grow relationships with current funding base.
• Manage the annual European budget.
• Proactively manages current staff and consultants in Europe.
• Represents N4 at key trade shows and other conferences.
• Develops own network through local and other networking and partnering meetings.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred but not required.
• You will have a track record as a leader in an international, multicultural environment. It would be a plus if you have experience in the nonprofit and/or education.
• Passionate about social impact and youth education.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Possess strong gravitas and relationship building skills.
• Experience in securing government and EU funding.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
• Demonstrated success at managing multiple opportunities and projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to exhibit effective interpersonal skills.
• Ability to develop and implement growth strategies and tactics.
• Must be organised and detailed-oriented.
• Excellent command of English, written and verbal.
• Ability to accomplish the described duties with the use of appropriate computer equipment and software. (especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and CRM tool).
• Valid Passport and the ability to travel approximately 50% of the time.
• Empathetic and compassionate disposition.
Commensurate with experience
Application Submission Process and Miscellaneous
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with a one page letter of introduction and a current C.V. or a link to a LinkedIn profile. The application submission deadline is 5pm on Friday 1st November 2019. Interviews are expected to take place in Limerick on Friday 11th November 2019.
All Narrative 4 staff are required to obtain Garda Clearance as a condition of their initial and continued employment.
All documentation received by Narrative 4 will be processed with the Data Protection Acts,1988 and 2003 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR; 2018) This information will only be used by Narrative 4 in the processing of job applications and for ongoing administrative purposes with job candidates.