Last Updated: 07/01/22
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT. We collect “Personal Information” in several ways when you visit or use the Service. Personal Information is generally defined as information about you that can be used to contact or identify you, such as your name, e-mail address, home address and telephone number. Additionally, we may also collect demographic information, such as your age, gender, country and zip code of residence, geo-locational information and preferences. This demographic information may be directly associated with your Personal Information, in which case it will be treated as Personal Information. On the other hand, aggregate information about the characteristics and activities of users of the Service that is not connected to personal information (or from which Personal Information has been removed) will not be treated as Personal Information.
- Information You Provide to Us Directly. When you interact with the Service, we may collect, store, and use information that you voluntarily provide to us. For example, you may be required to provide certain Personal Information when you sign up for our newsletter, fill out forms on the website or make a donation. You may also submit Personal Information when you send us feedback or submit User Generated Content (as defined in our Terms of Service).
- Log Data and Mobile Devices. When you use the Service, our servers record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to the Service, pages of the websites involved in the Service that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for, access times and dates, and other information. If you access the Service from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device or other transactional information for that device, such as your device type, geo-location, and operating system. Log Data is tied to your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as if you have linked a Third-Party Service account to your N4 account.
For more information about how third-party cookies are used for targeted advertising and how to opt out of certain third-party advertising related cookies, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org, www.aboutads.info/choices, youradchoices.ca, or www.youronlinechoices.eu. Note that opting out does not mean you won’t see ads; rather, it means that the advertising you see may not be as relevant to you.
N4 uses the following cookies on its Service for analytics and/or marketing purposes. Please note that while this list is regularly updated, we do not guarantee that it is fully up-to-date. In addition, other cookies and similar technologies may be used for various purposes on other N4 platforms.
- To Allow Third-Parties to Assist Us In Providing and Managing the Service. We may share information, including Personal Information, with certain third-party service providers who help us manage or provide the Service by, for example: developing or supporting features of the website; web-hosting; and processing data or statistics. These outside service providers are required to protect Personal Information entrusted to them and not use it for any other purpose than the specific services they are providing to N4.
- To Contact You Regarding Customer Support and Service Issues. We are committed to providing you with the best possible user experience and, therefore, one of the key uses of your Personal Information is to communicate with you. We may periodically contact you in connection with support inquiries and to keep you informed about other aspects of the Service. We may also contact you for research purposes so that we can continually improve and update the Service based on your input.
- Sale or Transfer of Assets. If N4 sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business, N4 may transfer your Personal Information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
- POLICY REGARDING CHILDREN. N4 does not knowingly request or collect Personal Information from children younger than 13 years of age. If you believe that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13, please contact us and we will act as necessary to securely delete such information.
- SECURITY. We have put in place reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure. However, we do not guarantee, and explicitly disclaim any implied representation, warranty, or other promise, that unauthorized third parties will never be able to overcome those measures or use your Personal Information for improper purposes. Also please note that e-mail and messaging systems are not considered secure, so we discourage you from sending us Personal Information through these mediums.
If you are an EU national and reside in the EU, or are a non-EU national residing in the EU, we will transfer your personal data to the United States in accordance with EU data protection law requirements and/or by using standard contractual clauses that have been approved by the European Commission. Such a transfer may also take place with your explicit consent and/or if necessary, in order to perform a contract with you or fulfill your request.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, a California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom the person has established a business relationship has the right to request certain information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write us at the email address provided below.
Looking for more?
Get in touch for more information on the work we’re doing — and the difference we’re making — around the world.